On the establishment of our Basra office NT and S commenced as oilfield transportation business operating a fleet of 50 trucks on behalf of clients in Southern Iraq including:
- Panalpina for BP/ROO Projects
- Agility for Karbala refinery
In late 2012, NT and S replaced ANHAM as the contractor to Shell for utility vehicle fleet management until 2016 developing the project to include the provision of drivers and IVMS services.
In 2013, we acquired an Iraqi company Surat Al Tawseel, which we will develop to be the long-term core element of our business in Iraq.
Over the same period, we have built and developed a strong core team of Iraqi managers all drawn from the communities of Southern Iraq. We have also managed to diversify and upgrade our in-country capability culminating in the award for BP for the construction and operation and maintenance of remediation facilities and more recently the award by Shell of the Majnoon in-field Logistics Contract.
We believe we have been successful in:
- Exceptional performance in HSE culminating in the achievement of Shell’s Global Green Banding for Contractors.
- The development of a talented highly capable local management team. NT and S Iraq is 100% Iraqi company that uses expat for support only in very specialized technical areas.
- Corporate social performance. We have recruited, managed and trained a professional workforce from the communities of Southern Iraq. In addition, we now procure and rent all our equipment from local community companies.
Over the next 5 years our goal is to grow our business based on the core values of the company and to further diversify our services and capabilities to include OCTG services, NDT inspections and to introduce renewable energy solutions into the operations of the international oil companies.