NT&S has been the exclusive provider of In-Field Logistics Services to Shell Iraq Petroleum Development (SIPD) within the Majnoon Oil Field from December 2016 under a four-year contract. NT&S has been growing its presence in the field since, having commenced the Lifting and Hoisting Field Center of Excellence initiative and offering its services to third party companies active in Majnoon.
SIPD 1464 In-Field Logistics
The scope of work includes:
- Long-term and call-off provision of fleet of light and heavy vehicles and equipment.
- Management of lifting and hoisting activities in the field.
- Provision of manpower, including management and QHSE personnel.
- Material handling, loading and distribution.
- Management of Shell’s warehouses.
- Management of the OCTG storage facility.
- NDT inspection services.
- Light vehicle servicing and maintenance.
Provision of Equipment and Manpower
NT&S project team consists of 150+ personnel, the majority of which have been recruited from the local communities around Majnoon. The positions include:
- Operations Manager
- HSSE Manager and Supervisors
- Planners and Journey Managers
- Lifting Superintendents and Supervisors
- Riggers, Slingers and Foremen
- Warehouse Personnel
- OCTG Handling Supervisors
- Fuel Supervisors and Attendants
- Maintenance Workshop Staff
- Equipment Operators and Drivers
The equipment mobilised under the contract includes:
- 100t crane
- 75t crane
- 55t all terrain crane
- 10t reach forklift
- 5t RT forklift
- Prime movers
- HIAB truck
- Cherry picker
- Scissor lift
- 8t telehandler
- 4×4 trucks
- 45t Reach stacker
All the equipment is available as part of the base load or on a call-off basis.
Lifting and Hoisting Center of Excellence
NT&S has been driving the development of the field-wide Lifting and Hoisting Center of Excellence, which is the ‘go-to’ resource for the field stakeholders to address their rigging and hoisting requirements. The services include the development and approval of lift plans by Approved Subject Matter Expert (ASME), provision of Lifting Supervisors and labour on a call-off basis, training programs, provision of equipment, including but not limited to cranes and reach stackers, and expert advice.
All the equipment operated by NT&S under the contract is fitted with In-Vehicle Monitoring System (IVMS) units, which provide real-time data about drivers’ performance with respect to seat belt compliance, speeding, harsh breaking, harsh acceleration, harsh deceleration, and driving hours. The system also helps NT&S monitor the utilisation of the equipment and advise the customer on the areas where efficiency can be improved.
OCTG Yard Management and NDT Inspection
NT&S is in the process of developing the field OCTG management facility, which is planned to be completed in Q3 2017. The facility is going to comprise of a dedicated inspection area with a set of pipe racks and specialist equipment, supported by the mobilization of full-time NDT inspec-tors available to contractors in the field on a call-off basis. The scope of services includes:
- Provision of certified inspectors (ASNT Class II MT/PT).
- OCTG inspection in accordance with API-5CT and OEM-recommended practices.
- Bottom hole assembly (BHA) and drill pipe inspection as per API RP 7G-2 or TH Hill DS-1.
- Electromagnetic inspection (from 23/8″ up to 65/8″).
- Magnetic particle inspection (MPI).
- Call-off service to the rig site.
- In-field transportation of the client’s equipment.
The NDT service is also available to other parties operating within the field.
NT&S is responsible for routine and non-routine maintenance of the client’s fleet of vehicles. The service is provided through the NT&S workshop facility located within the Majnoon Oil Field.
- Achieving the “local content” of 99%, including the management personnel.
- Gaining the “Green Banding” status of HSE performance and excellence.
- Leading the development of the field Lifting and Hoisting Center of Excellence.
- Developing a detailed reporting system, covering areas such as the equipment and personnel utilization and drivers’ performance.
- Providing advice to the client on areas for efficiency improvements through innovation.